State Scholarship Program
The NFB of Massachusetts is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for the 2022-2023 academic year. Up to 3 scholarships may be awarded, including 1 for $3,000.00 and 2 for $1,500.00 each. Please read all instructions carefully and pay close attention to the deadlines.
All applicants must:
- Be legally blind or have a visual impairment that requires the student to obtain services from a teacher of the visually impaired;
- Be a resident of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts;
- Plan to pursue a full-time, postsecondary course of study in the 2023 - 2024 academic year (a part-time candidate from the Springfield area is also eligible for 1 scholarship);
- Applicants must arrange for three reference letters from professors, counselors, and/or employers who have worked with you within the past year to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “reference” and your name in the subject line by January 30, 2023;
- Participate in the entire NFBMA state convention and in all scheduled scholarship program activities to be held in-person March 3 through March 5, 2023, at the Embassy Suites, Logan Airport Boston; with a virtual component on March 2 that should also be attended.
- Send completed scholarship applications to email@example.com with the word “scholarship” in the subject line or submit the online application form.
All applications including references must be received by January 30, 2023.
Past NFBMA Scholarship Winners
The 2023 Scholarship Winners
- Madeleine Babcock
- Tom Geraci
- Justin Heard
- Evan Hershowitz
- Chantale Zuzi
If you have any questions, please contact Shara Winton, NFBMA President at 617-600-8130 or send an email to SharaWinton@gmail.com with the word “scholarship” in the subject line.