State Scholarship Program
The NFB of Massachusetts is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for the 2022-2023 academic year. Up to 3 scholarships may be awarded, including 1 for $3,000.00 and 2 for $1,500.00 each. Please read all instructions carefully and pay close attention to the deadlines.
All applicants must:
- Be legally blind or have a visual impairment that requires the student to obtain services from a teacher of the visually impaired;
- Be a resident of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts;
- Plan to pursue a full-time, postsecondary course of study in the 2022 - 2023 academic year (a part-time candidate from the Springfield area is also eligible for 1 scholarship);
- Applicants must arrange for three reference letters from professors, counselors, and/or employers who have worked with you within the past year to be sent to SharaWinton@gmail.com with the word “reference” and your name in the subject line by January 31, 2022;
- Participate in the entire NFBMA state convention and in all scheduled scholarship program activities to be held February 24-February 27, 2022, at the Embassy Suites, Logan Airport Boston; With the exception of February 24 which will be held via Zoom.
- Send a refundable check for $50 made payable to NFBMA to Shara Winton P.O. Box 985 Salem, MA, 01970 or go to the NFBMA website at http://www.nfbma.org/ and pay with PayPal or a credit card;
- Send completed scholarship applications to SharaWinton@gmail.com with the word “scholarship” in the subject line or submit the online application form.
All applications including references must be received by January 31, 2022.
- 2022 NFBMA State Scholarship Application Form (HTML)
- 2022 NFBMA State Scholarship Application Form (Word Document)
If you have any questions, please contact Shara Winton, NFBMA President at 617-600-8130 or send an email to SharaWinton@gmail.com with the word “scholarship” in the subject line.